Monday, July 10, 2006

It's almost like the US won the World Cup


Since we tied Italy I think its safe to say we are the second best soccer team in the world. Clint would you agree with that?

Because of a prior commitment I was only able to catch the PK's at the end and but I watched SportsCenter so I think I got a pretty good sense of the game. First off I think the call to give Zidane the PK in the first half was fairly weak. Appeared to me the defender wasn't trying to take the French player down at all. The Second Zidane incident was unbelievable. I only caught it on replay but what in the world was he thinking? Makes me wonder about his sanity. Doesn't he realize its the biggest game of his life, and his team needs him? In maybe it didn't change the end result (unless dude who hit the crossbar would have been the odd man out), but I gotta think it destroyed Zidane's legacy. Not a good way for one of the greats to go out.

Well folks its sad to think it will be 4 years before we get to experience the non-stop action of World Cup Soccer. Maybe I'll have to flip on my FSN Soccer channel a few more times just to wet my appitite for soccer. Where to go with SweetVolley that is the real question. One of the fastest growing sports in Cornhole. So far I have only made one set of boards but I plan on building another one in the coming weeks, complete with a Wisconsin "W" on the board. In the comments section please let me know what non-mainstream sports you are playing and I'll do my best to act interested.

Till Then, Play Hard America!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zidane is crazy. I wonder how the rest of the world is reacting to Zidane's head butt.

Well, Bob I've really enjoyed your soccer commentary so I hope you continue that even though the World Cup isn't for some time. Remember, there's the European and other Championships along the way.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob- Well done, excellent commentary by one who is learning the game. Soccer refs have it really tough between the speed of the game and the number of actors playing. Sometimes you get the calls, sometimes you don't. The PKs evened out as in the 2nd half he didn't call one that should have been a pk.

As for Zidane, his PK goal was amazing! To have the cojones to wait until the goalie commits and then more or less chip the goalie was amazing.

I loved the head butt, if someone said that about my mom I would go after them too!

Cornhole is great game,

-CD

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home