Wednesday, July 05, 2006

World Cup Finals Are Set!

Tuesday I was able to watch Italy vs. Germany. Even though I sat through 2 scoreless halfs I was excited at the prospect of another shoot out to decide the winner. If you already know the result you know those hopes were dashed when Italy score with about 2 minutes left in extra time. I am no longer cheering for Italy, however it would be kind of cool if they shut out France and the US could end the Cup as the only team to score against them.

Today's Semi I was unable to watch, stupid work. My good bud DK, gave me play by play via GTalk, which was great, it was like I was at the game. I'm glad France won, would be cool for Zidane to go out on top. He's become my favorite player, well second behind Clint Dempsey. Did everyone see Clint posted a comment on one of my prior posts? Ronaldo for Portugal is probably my 3rd favorite player, dude is quick. Too bad to see him go home but like DK say's, "He'll be sweet in 2010".

Because of a prior commitment I'll need to miss most of the Championship game, hopefully DK can type out the play by play for me.

With the World Cup almost over we'll soon be looking into other sports. My new addiction is Cornhole, its really a game, believe me. Check out the website for the ACA (American Cornhole Association). Maybe the next few blog entries will be devoted to that.

Play Hard America!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure Bob to keep you posted. Maybe during the finals I'll have to give play by play over the celli. It's the weekend, free minutes.

Corhole kicks booty!!!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob- Don't forget the 3rd place game on Saturday!

Have you seen those Ronaldinho highlights on youtube.com? If not, check it out, they are a lot of fun to watch.

-CD

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home